Thursday, November 8, 2012

Author Interview: M.A. George

M. A. George is part proud mother of two adorable children, part super top secret agent…Oops, probably just lost that job.

Writing is what keeps her up into the wee hours of the night. Fortunately, she has a lot of energy (Read: caffeine is her friend). She has a bit of an obsession with music (It does a fantastic job of tuning out rambunctious children while she attempts to focus).

She sincerely hopes people out there enjoy reading her work as much as she enjoys writing it. And if anyone hears of work for a super top secret agent, she’s now available (Discretion guaranteed…).

Hi M.A. and welcome to Book Worm Brandy!

Q&A

1. Where did the idea for Proximity come from?

It’s amazing what a good night’s sleep and an overactive imagination can do. On one of those rare occasions as a mom when I was able to sleep just a wee bit past the crack of dawn, I awoke with a story idea in my head. (It helped that the topic of conversation at work the day before had been my secret yearning to someday be an author.)

The story idea was somewhat vague at first—a woman trying to blend in with humankind, but who was somehow different. Ideas kept popping into my mind as the day went on. When my kids went down for a nap that afternoon, I sat down with the laptop and feverishly typed everything I could recall. Later that evening, I started officially writing. I haven’t stopped since!

2. How long have you been a writer?

Since somewhere in the course of that day I mentioned before… I wish I could say I’m one of those authors who has been writing since I was in pre-K, but sadly I was way late getting in the game. I was at least in kindergarten. Kidding. Writing has been a dream for a very long time, but apparently I was waiting for the inspiration to strike. When I realized what a thrill it can be, the floodgates were opened. I can safely say I will always want to write.

3.What's your favorite thing about being a writer?

The creativity. I love imagining new people, places, and events—then stringing together the right words to pull others into that reality with me—all while listening to my favorite tunes! A good book has me eagerly turning pages to find out what happens next, and writing is even more exciting. It keeps me on pins and needles, wondering where I can take the story next!

4. What can we look forward to in the future from you?

The continuation of the Proximity story is currently in the works. I have several other unrelated ideas that are probably going to remain pretty vague until I complete the Proximity series. There is definitely more to Palta’s story!

5. Any advice for newbie authors?

I’m certainly learning this whole process as I go along, but I would encourage any new authors out there to embrace every aspect of it. I love everything about writing, so it never really seems like “work”. That’s not to say it’s easy, but there are numerous amazing resources for new authors online, and a community of fellow authors and readers who are so willing to help. Have fun with it!

Thanks so much M.A. for taking part in the interview! I look forward to reading the rest of Palta's story!!

Please come back tomorrow to read my review on Proximity!!

You can find the talented M.A. George here: WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment