Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: The Last Degree by Dina Rae, Orangeberry Tours

SUMMARY (Amazon)

The Last Degree is a fictionalized account of how Freemasons and other secret societies set up the world for takeover. Ancient writings foretell a ‘Shining One’ who emerges as the world’s prophet. A murder of a Most Worshipful mason resembles a secret oath. A cop gets too close to solving the crime. Paranoid preppers go underground, preparing for war.

Headlines such as the Norway massacre, meltdown of the European Union, unscrupulous media, animal die-offs, Middle Eastern unrest, and U.S. shrinking power make the plot relevant to present day. This book is an ode to Christians, Birthers, 2012ers, Truthers, preppers, and/or other conspiracy junkies who enjoy Dan Brown, Jesse Ventura, Brad Meltzer, Alex Jones, Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye. A sequel will soon be available.

I don't usually read these types of books, but I am glad that I read this one! It was full of twists and turns and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire book.

While this is a work of fiction, you can just imagine some of the events happening in real life. Especially with the 'preppers' because there are shows that have proven they're out there!!

I really liked how completely chaotic (in a good day) this story could get. I loved the conspiracy theories and all the different POVs that are represented in this thrilling suspense novel. I plan on getting more into this genre of work, because it was really interesting!

This is a very captivating and unique story that needs to be read! You will be glad you did!

RATING:

ratingratingratingratingrating

Loved it! Go read it right now!

OrangeBerry Book Tours

You can find Dina here: WEBSITE, GOODREADS

You can buy The Last Degree here: AMAZON, B&N

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brandy-I'm so glad that you liked my novel! I also watch Doomsday Preppers-liked how you made that connection!

    Today and tomorrow the prequel/short story to The Last Degree is free. It's called Be Paranoid Be Prepared
    LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Be-Paranoid-Prepared-ebook/dp/B007U00VFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354316472&sr=8-1&keywords=be+paranoid+be+prepared
    Again, thanks for taking the time to read and post my novel! Dina Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, it was amazing!! And I love freebies, so thank you for the link!! I look forward to your other works, I'll be reviewing Bad JuJu soon!

    ReplyDelete